I think stop smoking isn’t that difficult, you just need to believe in yourself that you can do it. As a smoker I used to say “don’t ask me to quit smoking just tell me how to do it?” But now after following some simple steps (which are given below) I can say that it wasn’t that difficult.
1. The most important and easiest way is to first form a strong intention of quitting smoking.
2. Whenever you feel the craving to smoke, change your environment and go to a open space and take deep breaths. This will make you feel at peace and compel you to follow this method again.
3. Initially following this method will seem problematic for you, but soon you will start to notice results.
4. Consume a lot of water not only will this help create a distraction from your cigarette cravings but it will also help expel the harmful nicotine out of your body.
5. Some get into the habit of consuming betel leaves, or coffee to quit smoking. However, these also cause harmful effects, hence natural remedies and positive habits must be used to quit smoking.
6. Individuals who have a habit of smoking after eating food, feel the need to do so after every meal. However, instead they should take a cup of mint tea, which will help stimulate the digestive system and also help you get rid of your smoking addiction.
7. Stay away from groups of friends who smoke. Clean from your house all cigarettes and ashtrays. Getting away from an atmosphere and company that leads you to smoking help relieve the attraction to smoke.
8. Make it your routine to wake up early in the morning and take deep breaths in the fresh morning air, along with some light hearted exercise. This will keep you healthy. Apart from that, during any part of the day play some indoor sports or watch an entertaining movie in this manner, your psychological needs will move away from smoking.
9. Tell your friends, relatives and co-workers that you have quit smoking so that they encourage you more. Contact your doctor for any other problems apart from these.
10. Do not go for any smoking substitutes or electronic cigarettes. On the surface, they look safe but they keep up your craving to smoke and ultimately let you turn to smoking in real. Once you have decided to quit, just quit.
By: Muhammad Naeem
Life is all about experiments! We are always trying new things to add the spice of adventure and excitement in our lives. Cooking is my way of doing it. Call it my passion, interest, talent or a hobby, I simply love cooking! Usually I have a busy routine because of the hectic schedule of university; there are always projects or assignments burdening my mind. In such tiring routine, I always try to take some time out and relax. For me it’s tying my apron, going straight to kitchen, getting hold of some ingredients and then explore the world of flavors. Sometimes I can be very creative in terms of recipes and sometimes I just prefer trying something that I had seen on television or read somewhere. Cooking is always fun! I believe it’s an art and can only be acquired if one is truly interested in it. I cook depending on my mood; on lazy Sunday mornings I prefer to go for scrumptious cheese and mushroom omelets and hot coffee, if I have people coming over to my place then I try helping mum by making sweet dishes such as banana crunch or mango delight.
I love making desi as well as continental food. Cooking is definitely one of the activities that I enjoy the most!